Are You Ready For Spring?
YAY…It’s almost here! The first day of spring is officially 20 days away on March 20th! Time to shake off the winter blues and get ready for spring here in Morrow County. There is lots to do to prepare your Morrow County home for spring! Here are some tips to be sure to add to your spring cleaning checklist.
Inside The Home
* Flip and rotate your mattress.
* Swap out heavier quilts and blankets for lighter-weight bedding.
* Air out throw rugs on a clothesline to freshen. Steam clean and/or shampoo wall-to-wall carpeting in your home.
* Wash pillows and curtains to help reduce allergens and dust mites.
* Clean your dryer vent.
* Clean or replace your HVAC Filters
* Change batteries in the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
* Organize and thoroughly clean out the kitchen cupboards and the fridge, discarding canned goods and other items that are past their expiration dates.
* Organize the basement and inspect for any mold. Open doors and windows to ventilate the area.
* Organize and clean out the closets. Box up your winter attire and swap it with the spring wardrobe.
Outside The Home
* Check your gas and battery powered lawn equipment to make sure they are ready for use.
* Clean out the gutters and remove all debris.
* Check roof shingles to see if any were lost or damaged from winter.
* Check outside hoses and faucets for freeze damage.
* Check and change outside light bulbs.
* Check walkways and driveways for cracks and repair needs.
* Lay down fresh, irrigated soil and plant Perennials.