Tips For Your Morrow County Kitchen
One of the most important rooms of any home is the kitchen. It is where you prepare all of your meals and it is often the host of family activity. When you host a party, the action always ends up in the kitchen. The kitchen is where drinks and snacks are enjoyed into the early hours of the morning. Renovating and decorating your kitchen can be one of the best ways to increase the resale value of your home. Following are some tips to keep in mind if you are giving your Morrow County kitchen a makeover for 2014.
- One of the hottest trends in 2014 is a simple and elegant white and cream kitchen. A neutral color like this one can be accented with splashes of color throughout the kitchen, such as a bright fruit bowl or a wall hanging. If you are selling a home, a neutral tone in the kitchen will appeal more to the majority of buyers.
- Instead of placing your microwave on the counter, it makes a lot more sense to fit in in with your cabinets. This will allow you to free up counter space in your kitchen and give your kitchen a clean look.
- Think carefully about storage space. What do you need to store and how much room do you need? Think about storing away your small appliances such as your toaster and coffee pot, so they don’t clutter up the counter all the time.
- Don’t forget to consider everyone who will be using the kitchen. Don’t choose kitchen stools that are too high for young kids to sit on, or cabinets that the shortest person in your house cannot reach.
- A popular trend in the kitchen in 2014 is green and environmentally sustainable elements. Recycled, renewable and energy-efficient products are in abundance at the moment and these options will not only save you money, but they will be much better for the environment.
- Be careful not to over design, it’s a common decorating mistake most make. Keep things simple and know when to stop so that you don’t have a kitchen that looks overwhelming and cluttered.
- Black Countertops are a popular for 2014. This look will add a leathery finish adding that black is likely to be paired with a lighter counter such as marble or light gray for contrast.
- Another popular trend in 2014 is Open Shelving. When you do an upgrade in your kitchen be sure to put your dinnerware on display with open shelves for 2014.